Last updated: March 12, 2020
Is marijuana legal in South Carolina?
Marijuana is illegal for both recreational and medical purposes in South Carolina.
Low-THC cannabis extract oil is legal for a limited set of medical conditions when prescribed by a doctor.
There are medical marijuana bills submitted for the 2020 legislative session, but lawmakers in South Carolina have not signaled broad support at this time. The Compassionate Care Act is one such bill.
South Carolina has entered the industrial hemp industry in recent years on a test basis.
- Cannabis in South Carolina – Wikipedia
- Marijuana Policy Project – South Carolina
- Compassionate SC
- SC Compassionate Care Alliance
- South Carolina Laws and Penalties (NORML)
- South Carolina Department of Agriculture – Hemp
- SC Medical Marijuana Movement – Facebook Group
- Americans for Safe Access – South Carolina