Last updated: March 12, 2020
Is marijuana legal in Oregon?
Recreational marijuana is legal in Oregon.
Recreational marijuana became legal in Oregon after Measure 91 was approved in 2014. Recreational sales began in October 2015.
Oregon has a long history of cannabis farming and consumption, and it was one of the first states to legalize recreational marijuana.
The legal cannabis industry is more mature in Oregon.
The Oregon Justice League is gathering signatures for the “Legalization Justice Act of 2020,” which seeks to further reduce laws and penalties against consuming marijuana. Named Initiative 42, it will appear on the ballot in November 2020 if enough signatures are gathered by the July 2, 2020 deadline.
- Oregon NORML
- Cannabis in Oregon (Wikipedia)
- Oregon Health Authority – Cannabis and Your Health
- The Cannabis Industry Association – Oregon
- Oregon Entrepreneurs Network – Cannabis Entrepreneurs
- Oregon Cannabis Association
- State of Oregon – Recreational Marijuana
- Marijuana and Hemp Law (Oregon State Bar)
- Oregon Laws & Penalties (NORML)