Last updated: March 12, 2020
Is marijuana legal in Oklahoma?
Medical marijuana is legal in Oklahoma. Medical marijuana was made legal in Oklahoma in 2018.
Activists are working to get recreational marijuana on the ballot in November 2020. A petition is currently circulating and gathering signatures for Ballot Initiative 808, “Marijuana Regulation.” Signatures are due by May 11, 2020.
The state had relaxed laws early on and as a result has an abundance of Medical Marijuana dispensaries.
Other legislation in the works looks to restrict the number of dispensaries.
- Oklahoma State Question 808, Constitutional Right to Cannabis Consumption Initiative (2020) – Ballotpedia
- Oklahoma Secretary of State – State Questions
- Oklahoma Cannabis Industry Association
- Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Law (NORML)
- Marijuana Policy Project – Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA)
- Cannabis in Oklahoma (Wikipedia)