Last updated: March 12, 2020
Is marijuana legal in New Jersey?
Medical marijuana is legal in New Jersey. Recreational marijuana is illegal, but will be voted on in November 2020.
In New Jersey, Medical Marijuana has been legal since 2010 in some limited form, and those medical conditions were expanded through 2019.
On the Ballot in November 2020 is New Jersey Resolution 183, “Constitutional Amendment to Legalize Marijuana.”
A coalition of activist groups will push for the resolution to pass this November. The coalition, called “NJ CAN 2020” will include representatives from New Jersey United for Marijuana Reform, including the ACLU of New Jersey, Doctors for Cannabis Regulation, the Latino Action Network, the American Trade Association for Cannabis and Hemp, Law Enforcement Action Partnership, the NAACP New Jersey State Conference and the NJ CannaBusiness Association, according to NJ.com.
- New Jersey United for Cannabis Reform
- Marijuana Policy Project – New Jersey
- New Jersey Medical Marijuana Law (NORML)
- Ballotpedia – New Jersey Marijuana Legalization – 2020 Election
- Coalition for Medical Marijuana – New Jersey
- Cannabis in New Jersey (Wikipedia)