Last updated: March 12, 2020
Is marijuana legal in Iowa?
Marijuana is illegal in Iowa for both recreational and medical use.
In 2014, and expanding in 2017, the state allowed low-THC cannabis extract oil to be produced, sold, and prescribed for a limited set of medical conditions.
Iowa has a history farming hemp, and feral hemp can still be found around the state.
The Iowa government is considering bills that would expand the medical marijuana program, but the likelihood of that passing in 2020 is unclear.
- Cannabis in Iowa (Wikipedia)
- Iowa Laws and Penalties (NORML)
- Marijuana Policy Project – Iowa
- Cannabis Voter Project – Iowa
- Iowans for Medical Marijuana
- Americans for Safe Access – Iowa