Last updated: March 12, 2020
Is marijuana legal in Florida?
Medical marijuana is legal in Florida. Medical marijuana was legalized in 2016 in Florida. Recreational marijuana is not yet legal in Florida.
Florida – Ballot Measure in 2022
Voters will have a chance to vote for recreational marijuana legalization in 2022. Efforts to get a recreational marijuana ballot measure for the November 2020 election failed.
A bill was recently introduced for recreational marijuana legalization in the Florida legislature. “SB 1860: Availability of Marijuana for Adult Use” was introduced by Senator Jeff Brandes in January 2020.
- Make it Legal, Florida
- Regulate Florida
- Florida Laws and Penalties (NORML)
- Marijuana Policy Project – Florida
- Cannabis in Florida (Wikipedia)
Florida Medical Marijuana Program
Patients can get a Medical Marijuana card in Florida by Registering with the Flordia OMMU.
Qualifying Medical Conditions
Patients are eligible to receive a certification for low-THC cannabis or medical marijuana if they suffer from the following conditions:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Medical conditions of the same kind or class as or comparable to those above
- A terminal condition diagnosed by a physician other than the qualified physician issuing the physician certification
- Chronic nonmalignant pain caused by a qualifying medical condition or that originates from a qualifying medical condition and persists beyond the usual course of that qualifying medical condition